In January 2015 figures released by the Home Office following a Freedom of Information request reveal that 20 migrants have spent at least 722 days in detention under immigration powers. A snapshot of the situation in September 2014 showed that in total, 3,378 people are detained solely under Immigration Act powers. Continue reading
This blog is written by mediators from Garden Court Mediation. It aims to be an informative guide to mediation and provide updates, comment and analysis on interesting developments in mediation.
Do get in touch with us if you want to find out more about mediation or would like to instruct a mediator.
- RT @windmill_tilter: Thanks to @ChathamHouse for hosting today Flawed Justice? Ensuring Due Process in the Prosecution of ISIS Suspects htt… 1 day ago
- Amanda Weston (@windmill_tilter) from Garden Court Chambers will be speaking today at the #DDEconference twitter.com/DeportDeprive/… 1 day ago
- Garden Court's Helen Curtis on “Places of safety” under the Mental Health Act 1983 – new regulations gardencourtchambers.co.uk/blogs/social-w… 2 days ago
- RT @gardencourtlaw: Join Garden Court Chambers on Friday 1st December for the fifth historic reading of Charles Dickens' 'The Chimes' by Da… 2 days ago
- RT @DLPublicLaw: Today we had prelim hearing in challenge to inhumane conditions at #BrookHouse #detention centre. Already have concession… 2 days ago