This blog is written by mediators from Garden Court Mediation. It aims to be an informative guide to mediation and provide updates, comment and analysis on interesting developments in mediation.
Do get in touch with us if you want to find out more about mediation or would like to instruct a mediator.
- HMP Winchester didn't instigate appropriate self-harm support measures for prisoner. Our @TaimourLay instructed. bit.ly/2yuUejf 50 minutes ago
- Jury finds prison failings at HMP Doncaster were causative of death of Gerard Scahill. Our @ifeanyiodogwu instructed bit.ly/2guwHbg 5 hours ago
- RT @lawsocgazette: Civil justice overseers back 'presumption' of mediation lawgazette.co.uk/law/civil-just… 5 hours ago
- RT @HJAcivillibs: Family represented by @TaimourLay of @gardencourtlaw & @ClairHilder of @HJAcivillibs twitter.com/hjacivillibs/s… 6 hours ago
- RT @ATLEUnit: Domestic workers still not aware of their rights & at risk of exploitation: theguardian.com/global-develop… @Kalayaan @J4DWUK @Anti_S… 6 hours ago
Monthly Archives: June 2013
In the recent case of Frost v Wake Smith & Tofields Solicitors  EWCA Civ 772, the mediator was said to have “performed a small miracle in producing an agreement in principle which ultimately matured into a perfected agreement pursuant … Continue reading
Mediation for civil disputes isn’t free unless one of the party’s has no means to pay and can access the free mediation service at LawWorks. Additionally there’s a court service which is accessible once a small claim is issued and both … Continue reading
Much has been written recently about the Government’s proposals to change the availability of legal aid. Some judges have identified the problems of the absence of legal aid for those who pursue litigation in person. After describing as ‘depressing’ the … Continue reading