This blog is written by mediators from Garden Court Mediation. It aims to be an informative guide to mediation and provide updates, comment and analysis on interesting developments in mediation.
Do get in touch with us if you want to find out more about mediation or would like to instruct a mediator.
- RT @GCCcivillibs: “Are you going to stop attributing deaths to race of those who died?”, our Patrick Roche at #CamberSands inquest: https:/… 8 minutes ago
- BREAKING: CPS announces #Hillsborough charging decisions - six individuals charged bit.ly/2sgE5Mb https://t.co/qEJUZGgSHr 1 day ago
- #Hillsborough charging decisions will be announced this morning. Our thoughts are with the families of the 96 & Hil… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- Passionate about human rights? Marketing & Comms vacancy at No.1 ranked barristers' chambers #humanrightsjobs ow.ly/zKec30d0yEm 1 day ago
- #EU_Citizens in the UK: Important note by @BerryAdrianC of Garden Court Chambers on y'day's @ukhomeoffice proposals bit.ly/2tfKqqd 1 day ago
Tag Archives: indemnity costs
It’s ironic that the decision whether or not to mediate can give rise to more litigation, this time over costs where the Claimants resisted the Defendant’s desire, having won, for his costs to be paid on an indemnity basis.
Liz Davies illustrates how refusing to mediate is frowned upon by judges and can lead to an indemnity costs order. Yet again, party punished for refusing mediation. In Garritt-Critchley & others v Ronnan, Solarpower PV Ltd  EWHC 1774 (Ch), … Continue reading